4.25.2010

The Joys of Unexpected Commissions

The other day I brought Onigiri to a game of Risk and a friend thought so much of it, he asked me to make two panda bear amigurumis for his "kinda-sorta nieces". My first ever commission! He left the color choice up to me, the only information given is that they are 4 and 6 years old. I suppose I could go the girly girl route and stick to pinks, purples, and oranges, but the thought of feeding the stereotype makes me itch. I am kicking a few color combos around but am not decided as of yet. Any suggestions?

I am doubly glad for the commissions because they give me something to focus on besides job hunting. Graduation is in three weeks and I am about to break into hives due to employment anxiety! First there's the pressure to get a job that pays decent money, then the pressure to get a job in your field (communications, or journalism, in my case). Then there is the anxiety that you may not get a response from anyone at all! I do have two interviews this coming week. One job I already know I will not accept. It is in radio, which is "cool" (though not really, my husband worked in radio and it was thankless). But it is a sales position, which is double-plus bad. The other position is with a public relations firm and may not pay very much, but the fact I am called in for an interview at all is a confidence boost.

With all the job hunt pressure I have been escaping by fantasizing about going into business for myself, selling panda bear amigurumi and a clothing line I have been designing in my head for the last few weeks. Who knows? Maybe I'll go off the deep end and really take a crack at it ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!